Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Defective Technology

Somebody needs to invent two items. First a camera that takes a picture of me the way I really look and secondly a mirror that shows a true reflection. I've had a lot of both over the years but lately I seem to be getting defective ones.
Take my new hi tech digital camera for instance. I can put a giant memory card in there to take literally hundreds of pictures. It has image stabilization. Automatic flash and red eye prevention. A real technological wonder but every time someone takes my picture with it something goes wrong. I don't look like that ! My hair isn't that gray and how come my belly is protruding like that ? Luckily the camera does have that delete picture feature. That was a wonderful invention there. Remember when you used to get pictures developed and all you had was a hard copy and a negative ? A lot of those hard copy prints never got destroyed and crop up at bad moments. Think your Mom showing them to your date. Negatives never got thrown away for some mysterious reason. I never in my life took a negative to the store to have additional prints made.
Something has happened to mirrors as well. It must be something in the materials used to produce them. You know you can't get good quality materials anymore. They are probably made in China and those Chinese are trying to demoralize our society so they can take over. The mirror I had in my bedroom growing up was a good one and was probably made in America. It showed a true reflection. This one in my bathroom is obviously defective. You just can't get good stuff anymore.
And that brings up another thing. Why can't they make an audio recording device that actually sounds like your voice ? I've never had or seen one yet. You talk or sing and on playback it just doesn't sound like you. I know because when I'm singing along with the radio I can match them note for note. Alan Jackson or George Jones,doesn't make a difference but if it is on tape or even a digital recording something goes wrong.
Maybe if the microphone was placed inside your ear ? Hmmm  I'll need to do some research.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. My mirror keeps reflecing my mother...

    ReplyDelete