Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After

The big day has come and gone. Time to pack up the holiday and get back to the real world. Won't take long for everything to get back to normal. It was an enjoyable day. Watching the kids with their new toys is always fun. It  will interesting to see which ones have staying power. Some will be set aside rather quickly while others will be played with right into spring. It is always a mystery.
I was very fortunate to receive a new digital camera as a gift from my son and daughter in law. Its' a Nikon and is capable of HD video too. Amazing technology for an old guy. Of course it comes with new software to be installed on the computer. Now I'm no computer wiz but do have some knowledge and experience.
I installed this new software according to the instructions. I am very careful to follow the directions quite closely due to my lack of technical skills. You guessed it,it didn't work. Rats ! Well,off to the website to get some help. After a bit of browsing I got to the ask a question page. You know you have to fill out a form and provide certain information. I can tell you the type and model of the camera,its' on the box,but "firmware version" whats' that. More looking up. Your operating system. WindowsXP  service pack number ?
Rats. If I knew all those answers I probably wouldn't need your help ! Maybe it is just me but I find all this very frustrating. I hate that message that says, An error has occurred and the program needs to close,if you were in the middle of something your information may be lost.We apologize for the inconvenience.
What Error ?  Can you not tell me the error ?
The day after Christmas and now I'm stressed out trying to get this product to work. Right back to normal.
Could be worse. When the kids were small you had all those things to assemble either Christmas day or the day after. Then you had to go get more batteries.
I'm not complaining this issue will get resolved I'm sure.They always do. I'll wind up having to buy something  before it is all over with. Just wish the help I need was a lot easier to obtain. I e-mailed them and I've been assured I will get a response within one business day ! Can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment