Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Anecdote from my Aunt

This amusing little story was related to me by a dear Aunt. She is no longer with us but her wit and humor live on.The tale as I heard it went something like this;
My daughter came into the house after playing outside. I noticed she was chewing rather loudly and asked her what she had. She said chewing gum. I asked her what kind of gum? She told me it was Grape flavored.
I asked her for a piece. She pulled some out of her mouth and broke off a piece. I took that and started to chew it along with her. I remarked that it was pretty good gum. Then I asked her, where did you get it ?
She looked up at me and smiled. She said simply, I found it on the sidewalk ! Then she told me it had been already softened up by somebody so it was easy to chew. I thought I was gonna die . I must have used the whole bottle of Listerine.
I'll never forget that story and the look on my Aunts' face while she told it.

No comments:

Post a Comment