Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

It is Christmas morning. I am thankful for the day. Christmas morning has its' own special feel to it. When I was a child it was all about Santa and the excitement of receiving gifts. As I grew older I came to appreciate the true meaning of Christmas. Then I had Children of my own and that excitement of Santa and presents returned to my household. They grew up and it was just us two again. Quiet peaceful Christmases until the Grandkids ,then a return to Santa and all that scene.
This Christmas morning it is just us two having our morning coffee. We must be patient and wait for the kids to call. Christmas is on their time these days. We are early risers and the wait will be a long one for us. Thankfully they live just a few blocks away. Can't wait for the call. Can't wait to see their faces when they open our gifts to them. Love the look on their faces when they give the gifts they have picked out themselves for us. They are seven and nine and watch you closely for your reaction. It is always one of wonder and surprise I can assure you. The happiness in their faces when you tell them the gifts are perfect is worth anything !
Christmas is about the happiness of others. To me the greatest joy is seeing others happy on this special day.
Happiness comes in many forms. I have been blessed with many very Merry Christmases.

No comments:

Post a Comment