Thursday, June 14, 2012

Repaired ?

I am very pleased to report that I have repaired my computer issues. Sorta. I'm back on line and using my desktop so I'll call it a victory. Have to take them wherever you can.
The closest thing I can remember from the past to compare to that experience is when the television signal wouldn't come in well. Adding pieces of tin foil to the antenna to aid in reception or moving the antenna around. Ours laid in the attic. I would be sent up there to rotate it. Dad would be downstairs yelling at me. That's worse or that's better. Move it a little more,hold still,Ok that's good. Why my father never put that antenna on the roof I'll never know. Another mystery of life.
I hope all those issues are behind me and stay there. I'm thinking I need to take a computer repair class or two. You can teach an old dog new tricks. It is just I have little interest in that until my computer breaks. I figure it is the "replace it " mentality we have today. We replace parts and pieces but do little actual repairing. I got this working but hesitate to call it repairing. I replaced a part,does that count ? Not in my book. Had I repaired the part in question and then re installed it that would be repairing.
I wonder what future generations will do if they can't buy replacement parts or pieces ? I know what we did. Fix the ones we had or make a new one. For the most part they call that crafting nowadays. Replacing parts is a lot faster that much is for sure but less satisfying I think. Although I admit I'm pretty satisfied with my "repair." I'm not the first to think about this though. Dad said the same thing when they came out with integrated circuits. The average guy couldn't fix those either. It is called progress. I guess so !
Computers. Great when they work but very frustrating when they don't ! Kinda like a good wife. Wonderful when they cooperate with you but not so much when they don't. And it is difficult to fix the problem sometimes. Throwing money at it helps. Buying something new can usually fix it. Other times you just have to work at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment