Thursday, June 7, 2012

Passing it along

Again this morning I read about the passing of a loved one on my Facebook page. Some I know and most I do not. It is always a sad thing to read.  Still,it is a fact of living and there is no escaping that eventuality. All of us will one day leave this plane of existence. But it is my feeling that our souls never really leave. Our souls are just distributed among those that loved us while we were here. I feel that as long as you are remembered, you are not gone. To those of you that truly love;not loved that is the past tense, the person, a portion of their soul is passed to you.  That is why people say they can see someone in you, or that you act like someone. And for me, what greater compliment can one receive than to be compared to those you love ? To be or to become a reflection of those you admire the most.
Each of us have redeeming qualities. Some more than others. Some of us touch only a single life, while others may touch millions. The size of the soul is limitless. There is always enough to go around. We may grieve for our loss, but the reality is we have gained. We have gained from knowing and loving. And it is now incumbent upon us to keep life in that soul. Speak often of those that have past. Breathe life into their memories. Tell their stories and share the lessons you have learned from them.
Accept the presence of their soul into your heart. Nourish and care for it. A soul with a home is not lost. The time has come to repay the debt. The debt that you owe for having known them. Take comfort in knowing that you can still care for them and that they are still with you,always. Allow them rest. My feeling is," I've got this." I'll carry you with me until it is my time and then pass you along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment