Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Frustration

The saga continues. My trusty desktop computer has let me down. I've been reading and trying to resolve the issue to no avail. I find myself having conversations with inanimate objects. And these conversations are not pleasant. I find it both frustrating and humbling. I keep getting the same message, no signal, followed by a blank screen. Arrg ! What, pray tell have I done to deserve this ? I have virus,spyware,malware and I not sure how many others installed on the computer. I don't open strange attachments and refuse most app requests. But still this happens.
On the up side I am learning more about the computer. For instance,did you know there is a watch battery in there ? Do you know what BIOS stands for ? I'm learning. Everything I've read and tried so far points to a setting or driver problem. Have to learn about drivers now. Apparently my drivers are distracted ! At least they are not paying attention. Don't you hate it when the instructions you read make no sense to you at all ? I spend more time figuring out what it is they are talking about than doing whatever. I now know the feeling someone must get when talking to a mechanic about their car when they don't have a clue. I understand the words but not the meaning. And you get the distinct impression that you should,on some level anyway, understand.
I am not ready to give up on this ,yet ! I just hate going to the geek squad. Some youngster talking to this old codger about his computer. He will start spouting off about vga cards or motherboards and dedicated power supplies. He will ask what I consider intimate questions about my computer. If I knew all that I wouldn't be talking to you . Well,we'll see what happens. I really do miss my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment