Sunday, June 10, 2012

Becoming of Age

Some thoughts on aging.
I've reached the age where I can say," that's cute " and I'm not embarrassed
I can carry my wife's bag and don't feel threatened.
Young ladies now view me as, harmless.
Strangers sometimes call me Pop !
I get asked if I want the senior discount. Why not ?
I can give first hand accounts of entire chapters in history books.
I start more sentences with , " I can remember " than, what was
I probably have forgotten more than I remember. I forget !
I don't kneel down unless I'm next to something to lean on. Need to get back up.
I remember when a " swinger " was a camera.
If someone was "gay " they were happy.
I'll ask for directions.
I have neckties older than my children.
My suit has come back in style.
My eyebrows grow longer than the hair on my head.
Comfort overrides fashion.
I sometimes wonder who is in the mirror. Who is that old guy ?
Classic cars are pre 1970.
A text is still a school book.
I understand the Dewey decimal system.
Dots, the candy, stick to my teeth.
Teeth are optional.
I could buy feminine needs without embarrassment,but am no longer asked.
Old friends, really are old.
I've got corns on my feet and not on the cob.
The late show is too late, the early show isn't "early" enough.
The History channel is current events.

Age is something you keep getting more of, but don't want.
They say wisdom comes with age, I'm turning into an owl !
I've heard it said these are my golden years, lies, Gold doesn't tarnish.






No comments:

Post a Comment