Sunday, June 24, 2012

Old Codger

 I was chatting online with a friend. I read the words I had just typed and thought to myself, OMG , I'm heading into the old codger zone ! I sound just like my Grandfather ! Complaining about kids ( who are incidentally in their thirties now ) and how the world is going crazy. Prices are out of sight and the quality of products are terrible. People have no respect for anything anymore. A lot of my sentences are starting to begin with I remember and back in the day.
The main statement that brought this to my attention was, what we need is more straight talk and common sense. Yes, I know you have heard that before, so have I, from Grandpa. Geez, I am Grandpa. Time sure does fly by. But the thing is, is that it is the truth. Was for him and is for me. If we all stopped worrying about
hurting someones feelings (political correctness) our views would be a lot clearer. Seems to me everyone is getting a might touchy nowadays. There were,and still are, those that just don't like me. Okay, that's a real news flash. I've been called unpleasant names and described in unflattering ways. Just a fact of life.
Now I'm not saying speak your mind in a cruel or malicious way. Temper your statements but state the true feeling. In other words be genuine. It is getting very difficult to tell who is being genuine and who is not.
I much prefer those you are direct in their statements. I may not like what they have to say but at least I know where they stand.
That being said I guess I am entering the old codger zone. I have noticed lately that my statements lately are not being met so much with anger, as with argument. The, you don't know what you're talking about. You are so old that you are out of touch with the modern world. Everything is different now and we are so much smarter than you old folks. What could you possibly know about life. I find those listening are doing it more  to be polite than anything else. Sometimes the things I say are a source of amusement. To those listening and to myself. I'm amused because one day they will be saying the same thing. They just don't know that yet.
Guess I'm a little jealous. Wishing I could be young again and know everything. If I were I sure would make some changes. I'd quit trying to BS everybody and not try to write a law governing common sense !

No comments:

Post a Comment