Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Adjustment

Isn't it strange how one event can change our attitude and general outlook ? For the past two days I've been concerned with the repair of my computer. It has had a definite effect on my general attitude. I'm distracted and annoyed. My outlook has not been too rosy either. Why this one event should be so troublesome is,well, troublesome. I have my wife"s laptop to use. I shouldn't feel so deprived. Yet I do and I know it is only a matter of time until I fix the problem or pay someone else to do that.
Some songwriter wrote about changes in attitudes. I could do with a change. We all have our ups and downs. I really do not like being down. Some seem to thrive in that environment. Drama being a major portion of their lives. As for me, I prefer smooth sailing. A fair wind and a following sea. When life's storms come along I'll hove to and drop anchor. Ride it out. But I don't like it. Enough with the nautical talk though.
As I sat down to write this post I had no idea what I wanted to talk about. The only thought that came to mind was this distraction with my computer. Not that my posts are literary masterpieces but I try to talk about relevant topics and share old memories. This situation is causing writers block ! Not often I don't have some opinion about something. And so once again I find myself writing a post just to satisfy my compulsion to post something. I must be neurotic. Guess we all are a little bit.
Slowly,painfully, my morning routine is now changing. I'm not sitting at my computer desk, in my corner of the room. All my picture files are not available to me. I'm navigating in unfamiliar waters on this laptop. Last nautical reference,I promise. No longer are all my favorite websites on the toolbar. I have to type in the address. Even my cup of coffee is in a different location.
So this morning I am reminding myself to be happy with the things I have. Change can be a good thing. The reality is I have little to complain about. It is just a machine and repairable or replaceable. As my own dear Mom would tell me, " you need to change your attitude young man ." She's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment