Saturday, October 6, 2012

Waiting for a memory

Yesterday just before noon my granddaughter Morgan fell on the playground at school and suffered a compound fracture of the left forearm. At present she is at Johns Hopkins awaiting surgery to repair the damage. Grandma and her parents are with her and I am here with her brother.
My thoughts have not been random as they are concentrated on her. How quickly other things fade into insignificance when faced with something like this. I know it is not a life threatening situation but it is serious. The prospect of surgery is never to be taken lightly.
I am not one to just sit and worry. I'm more of a person of action. Impatient is the word best used to describe it. If I myself cannot take the correct action, I want the right person to do so and do so quickly.
I tire of the discussion and perceived inaction of others. Assess and react.
I understand realistically that isn't going to happen. We live in a cautious world. There are so many factors to consider. I just can't stand the waiting. I become like a caged animal. Pacing and snapping at everyone. I really dislike my inability to do anything to rectify the situation.
My little world has been shaken by a chance accident. It will pass. It is a reminder of just how quickly things can change. A reminder to not take anything for granted  She will recover and this too will be a memory. I can't wait for the memory. For memories, by their very nature, are what used to be. I want this over.



1 comment:

  1. I hope Morgan will have a successful surgery, will heal well, and that this will swiftly pass into the mists of time and memory.

    ReplyDelete