Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Introspection

I find myself becoming more and more introspective. I wonder if it has to do with age or the changing of the seasons. Perhaps both. I haven't undergone any major life changing events. No new revelations or special insight gained. Life moves forward , admittedly, at a seemingly faster pace but basically unchanged. Why then the introspection ? Am I being prepared for some future event ? The Lord does work in mysterious ways.
I am not living with regrets. I acknowledge the fact I have made mistakes but do not dwell upon them. I think there are always choices we could have made differently. The trick is to learn from those choices and just move forward. So, what to do with this examination of the past ? Logically one would use it to build upon the future. All knowledge is valuable. It's value increases with the sharing of that knowledge. That would leave me thinking, with whom should I share this introspection ? Inherently it has value. On some level I could say I'm sharing that now. Using this forum as an outlet. But its' use is limited. I will not totally bare my soul or shortcomings here. I wonder if that is ever appropriate. Should one ever apply tarnish ? The tell all memoirs ? Only if in the telling there would be a benefit to another.
I awoke this morning with these thoughts on my mind. Why they should be so pressing at this time I can not say. I'm sure it will pass. It may be an awareness of what is going on in others lives that has moved me. Outside influences. I'll have to think about that !

No comments:

Post a Comment