Thursday, October 25, 2012

Verbose

I woke up yesterday morning a bit earlier than normal. As usual I checked into Facebook. Then I began writing my blog posting. If you read it you already know I wrote about the meaning of life. Pretty heavy subject at four in the morning. I can't explain the process but that is what came to mind. I think seeing a set of twins recently that a friend and fellow blogger became the proud Grandma of inspired that bit of writing. Grand children bring a new perspective on life that is for sure. And not just the first one either,each one is different and unique.
Most often I do my writing in the morning. It is when my mind is fresh and hasn't been contaminated by the demands of everyday life. A fresh start as it were. For the most part I've always been an early riser. A combination of my upbringing and my years in the military. Up and at'em. Daylights burning folks ! Normally I'm up and rarin' to go. Then you have to deal with others. I appreciate the fact that not everyone is a cheerful riser. I can empathize, but do you really need to be so sour ? The day goes better with smiles and laughter. I just hate it when someone just has to rain on your parade.
Sometimes I'm inspired to comment on the news or some social custom or another. At other times it is just a random thought or some memory dredged up by unknown forces. It has become increasingly difficult to write what I would consider an interesting piece. I'll remind myself of the original intent of this endeavor.
I have been accused of being a bit verbose. Guilty as charged. As my dearly departed father was fond of saying, " he has got a mouth like a torn pocket, always flapping. " I have tried to come more directly to the point but struggle with that. Underlying factors and feelings need to be explained to set the stage for the story. I love a good story.
There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. The trick lies in saying it in a new way. Getting others to not just understand your words but to feel your emotions. That is the mark of a great writer. I make no claims to being a writer of any sort but do try to convey my feelings as much as the words convey my meaning. Every project evolves and so has this blogging of mine. My intent has remained unchanged but I think I have gained some insight as to it what it is I'm attempting to do. I'm trying to record not just my memories and thoughts for future generations of Reicharts, but also my emotional attachments. And those attachments are not just people or places. Attempting to explain or at the very least present an accurate accounting of my life experiences is the challenge. Made more challenging by the fact it is ever changing. Lessons learned, reevaluated and revised. The road that has brought me to this point has not always been paved nor has it been downhill. I have learned one thing along the way though, short cuts rarely take you to the desired location ! So I guess I will remain, Verbose. That's alright, I've been called worse things !

No comments:

Post a Comment