Monday, October 29, 2012

Anticipation

We can use all our modern technology to predict the course of the storm. We can anticipate the strength and tidal surges. Preparations made and it is time to hunker down. The news people have whipped the population into a frenzy. The feeling of impending disaster is palpable. And now we can do nothing more but what our ancestors did, pray.
OMG, facebook could be knocked out. No social media for days. Can we survive this onslaught of nature ?
I'm confident that I will. A calm well thought out approach is what is required here. Don't panic folks. Be safe. Use common sense.
On one level it is an exciting time. All the hustle and bustle. On another level it is frightening. Like an amusement park ride, only you are the test rider ! Mother nature is an awesome force and not to be trifled with. Good luck to all.
I'll be going to work this morning. As long as electric power is available the commerce must continue. The pursuit of the dollar continues regardless of weather. It is not far to get home as long as the river doesn't flood the road. Business will continue. An amazing thing to me is we will have customers. They will come.
I don't mind. I have no small children at home to comfort and protect. My wife will be alright until my return. It will be interesting to see the storm progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment