Friday, October 12, 2012

Camping for Jesus

The church my grandson attends is having their annual campout. The primary focus is on encouraging new membership. Come out and camp with us and join in the fellowship. I was invited to come along and most certainly will. A member of the church owns several acres of wooded property where we can all set up camp. A central fire will be lit and I'm told food and drink provided. S'mores will be featured.
I turned on the weather report to hear it has been revised to include a freeze watch ! Oh my, should be interesting. I do have a fairly good sleeping bag and a tent. I will tell you this much, I'm not old but feeling a little uncomfortable sleeping on the ground. I'll do it for Mark and the lord though. Should you see no more postings you'll know why. LOL
Things are a bit different now, a bit more progressive you might say. Pastor Doug will be there with his boys, no doubt. I can't imagine my own pastor, Reverend Davis, ever doing such a thing. I'm also equally as sure he was just a man like everybody else, although I didn't think so. It was a different relationship back in those days. Things are a bit less formal in todays world.
It is a wonderful thing and I'm hoping for success for the membership drive. Makes no difference how the shepherd gathers the flock, so long as the flock is gathered. I'm also hoping I can make it through the night. I'm a bit of a fair weather camper. Prefer warmer temperatures. Well, you only get one chance at life so you had best take advantage of the opportunities as presented. Should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I will pray for you,Ben, I have no fear of you not surviving,however! You may be a bit sore, after sleeping on the ground,but this too shall pass. You're making more of those good memories for both you and Mark...that's so commendable! I hope one and all enjoy that experience, and that the group IS successful in their endeavors!

    ReplyDelete