Saturday, October 20, 2012

Campaigning

One more debate before the election. I'll be watching. I am growing tired of the campaign. I'm anxious to just get on with the voting. Let the voting and counting begin ! Then we can all hear the disputed results for a few weeks or so. Not that I'm a pessimist, but it seems like that is the norm these last few elections.
My political leanings are well known to those who know me. No doubts as to where my vote will be going. I've listened to the candidates and studied the questions being included on the ballot. Barring some unforeseen turn of events I'm decided.
The campaign managers have been working overtime. Strategies planned and words carefully chosen. Attempting to do the impossible, please all the people. Can't be done. Their job is to please enough people to acquire the vote for their charges.
I think if it were up to me I'd tell my candidate to just tell the people what he/she plans to do. Do not attack the other persons record or the other person in general. Keep it simple and straightforward. If I am elected this is my plan and strategy. I would tell you what I think. Let the chips fall where they may. It just seems to me the candidates get more concerned with getting elected then they are concerned with the actual issues. The job is becoming more important than the work ! My plan would be simple, a vote for me is a vote for this or that. I'd tell you straight up. No debates, I'm available for questions. You can ask me and I'll give you an answer. If I don't know, I'd say so. Have to get back to you on that one.
I'm getting tired of the position that you should vote for me because the other guy is so bad. The other guy could be a good guy with bad ideas. I'd let you decide about that. It would make for a different and interesting campaign. It'll never happen though. Human nature will not allow it, nor would the public in general. That's why shows like Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil are so popular. We love controversy and finding fault. The days of Mr. Rogers are long gone. Good guys finish last and the devil takes the hindmost.

No comments:

Post a Comment