Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Writing

I have decided to write some of my blogs and other writings down in a book. I was fortunate to receive a beautiful leather bound book, with blank pages, as a Christmas gift. It is perfect for what I have in mind. I did have a collection of my blogs published in a hard cover edition that rests on my bookshelf. A limited edition volume, one copy. I was thinking writing one in my own handwriting would be a nice thing to hand down. Add that personal touch. I have quite a bit of material to chose from, so filling the book should be no problem. The only real obstacle to this endeavor is my handwriting. My penmanship is less than stellar. The last time I can remember practicing that the paper had three lines on it ! You remember, the dotted line in the center and solid lines top and bottom.
I would like to do this in cursive. That form of writing is becoming a lost art altogether. I am thinking about getting some course of instruction to refresh my skills. Problem there is at my age by the time I master it I would probably be too shaky. I should have listened when I was in school and practiced my penmanship skills. Well, most guys have terrible handwriting anyway. Pretty handwriting is the domain of women and Monks. And now the Monks use a font setting on their laptops.
I should have started all these projects years ago. Now I have several projects and hobbies going on all at once. When I was younger I was given to more trivial pursuits that were far less productive. Whoever said, youth is wasted on the young, hit that nail on the head. I'll try to find time to practice my cursive writing skills. I want to do this book thing. I'll have to check online or at the library for a method. I'm thinking I want to use a fountain style pen. That I think will be the first step. Buy a fountain pen and start just writing with that. Probably take some getting used to. One more iron in the fire. I do have an idea about using some of my pictures in a project. That will have to wait,for now. So much to do and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment