Monday, February 6, 2012

On the downside

Now would be a good time for my fifteen minutes of fame. They say everyone gets theirs and I'm still waiting. I have been feeling a little depressed and low as of late. A little fame just might cheer me up. I can honestly say I haven't had my fifteen yet. At least I don't think I have.
Oh I've had some high points that's for sure. I've had a few moments. Didn't someone write a song about that ? Moments ? Think so and I don't want to be accused of plagiarism. So that thought or idea is not really my own.
Darn,that is also depressing. Why didn't I think of that earlier ? Could've written a great song or thought provoking essay. Oh well I'll just keep typing.
I hear about things going viral these days. Sounds like a disease. In reality it is a good thing, most of the time. Social media can provide you with fame and fortune. That very well may be where your fifteen minutes comes from. I think that is an amazing thing. There are literally thousands, if not millions of videos and yet somehow one will catch on. An obscure person somewhere in the world makes a video and posts it. Somehow it gets viewed and goes viral ! There are hundreds of thousands of people writing blogs like mine. I have looked and there are people in foreign countries that have read some of my postings ! Amazing. How or why would someone in say Russia find and read my blog ?
We all want to be remembered. We would all like to think we made a difference. Isn't that what fame is all about ? Isn't that why most "stars" have such huge egos ? Ego is the driving force. It is related to desire. The two go hand in hand. Either one can get out of hand. Every one of us needs our ego stroked on occasion. We all need our desires fulfilled. It is when those two things become insatiable that it becomes an issue.
So my ego is feeling a little neglected. They say knowing the problem is half the battle. I'll get through this little patch alright.I feel a little better just writing about it. This too, will pass. I'll try to remain optimistic. I could go viral at any time. Become the guru of the internet. I am good at giving advice !


2 comments:

  1. Ah yes - a very human emotion! You sound pretty normal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....pat*pat*pat*.....I'm sorry, Ben. You're on my list of famous folks...after all, don't I read your blog faithfully? I'm your groupie!

    ReplyDelete