Saturday, February 25, 2012

On Sale

Barack Obama must be listening to his wife. I heard where in his latest budget proposal he wants to include a ten thousand dollar tax credit for anyone buying a new " green " car. This tax credit could be applied at the time of purchase. Sounds like the same logic most women use. Buy it when it is on sale and you're saving money. Do not consider whether you actually need the item or not. Do not be concerned with trivial things like, can I afford it ? It's on sale ! It's a tax credit. Buy it !
Seriously though, of what benefit is that to most of us ? How about a tax credit for gas or food ? Now that might do some good. If I can afford to buy a new car I probably don't need the tax credit that badly. The rhetoric is that is good for the environment and will stimulate the economy. Yeah,alright. The environment I can get and you do have to start somewhere. As far as stimulating the economy I'm not convinced. This tax credit would only apply to " approved " vehicles. Just who is doing the approving. I haven't done any real research on the deal but I'm quite sure more foreign manufacturers offer these " green " vehicles than American. So just whose economy are we stimulating ?
I read these things and can't help but wonder what are they thinking. Our elected officials can't be that out of touch,can they ? On one hand they what to grant tax breaks and with the other raise or impose new taxes. If they are not giving our money away in some social programs they propose breaks for the more wealthy individuals in our country. Cash in hand means little, your line of credit is what really counts. What happened to a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ? That doesn't apply in today's economy. And then they wonder why the economy is so bad. Well,duh !
Personally I think we were all better off with the barter system. At least that way we all had to contribute in some meaningful fashion. And we are all capable of doing that. I'm tried of excuses. I'm tired of everyone attempting to give reasons why they can't do this or that. I'm really tired of those that think they are entitled. Give me a few hours with the budget and I could do some real saving ! I certainly wouldn't be popular with a whole lot of people but things would change ! You see that is the problem with being the President. You win election in the popular vote and then spend the next four years trying to stay popular. What I would like to hear from a candidate is ; elect me and I'll make some serious changes whether you like me or not. I'm the boss and will make the decisions ! If you become unhappy with the changes you can always fire me. In the meantime I will do what needs to be done. Thank you very much for your support !

No comments:

Post a Comment