Monday, February 20, 2012

Not that Old

I was doing a little rearranging and cleaning up when I ran across some older photographs. These pictures were from six years ago. We had taken the Grandchildren fishing. At that time I had a small skiff. It was quite small and a bit crowded with two adults and two kids. We still enjoyed it. We only went on the river and the depth of the water never exceeded five feet. Of course the kids thought it was the ocean !
Mark,the eldest, would have been six and his sister Morgan four. Looking at these pictures brought back many good memories. What I was surprised at was how difficult it was to remember them being that young. It made me smile. What a couple of cuties they were. Still are,truth be told. A lot changes in six years. Mark was wearing a pair of leather sandals. He used to wear them all the time. When I showed him the picture his reaction was, OMG I wore sandals ? He couldn't believe it. I don't think he would today. Morgans smile looks exactly the same today.
I often talk about old pictures. Usually I'm thinking about ones much older than these. Discovering these has changed my thinking. I need to visit the ones taken within the last few years. Maybe that will help to keep my memories fresh. It wasn't the boat or the fishing that I had forgotten about. It was how small the kids once were. I'm thinking I'll be pulling out some of those albums and doing a review. Maybe even framing up some more and putting them out. And I definitely need to take my own advice and start writing on the back.

Morgan,Grandpa and Mark on the Choptank 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment