Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Little Better

I was thinking just yesterday. If you ever start feeling bad about yourself, your health or appearance I have the cure. Go up to your local grocery or department store. Don't go to buy anything just go to observe. In my job I get to observe a lot. It is sometimes difficult to remained focused on putting the Cheerios on the shelf so the mind tends to wander.
I especially like watching people. I see lots of them and become grateful. Grateful that I can still walk erect while pushing a shopping cart. Many people , a lot of them quite a bit younger than I, can't seem to manage that. I was thinking arm rests should be installed. Many shuffle along bent over almost double struggling to get to the next item on their shopping list. I see others that appear lost. Blank stares on their faces they wander about going up and down the aisles over and over. On occasion these same people will just abandon their cart and leave. Happens more than you would think.
At other times I'm grateful for my education. I've had customers ask questions that defy logic. If this product is three for five dollars,how much is one ? Seriously. Apparently multiplication and division can be a real challenge for some. If this is ten for ten how much is one ? Me; yes,you can buy just one. Them; I know that ,but how much is one ?
And finally if you start feeling a little down regarding your appearance, don't ! Take a good honest look around. There is some out there that are just plain ugly ! Go ahead,admit it, you have said the same thing to yourself. Yes there are some that are just plain physically short changed. And one final thought. It is alright to make yourself feel better by looking at others. Just keep it to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment