Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Doldrums

Lately I have been experiencing a bit of malaise. The winter doldrums you might say. It hasn't been that cold and virtually no snow but cold enough to remain indoors. Getting up in the dark and going to bed in the dark has taken a toll. I haven't felt quite like myself. Even my thoughts are sluggish. Where are all those projects I said I would put off until the winter ? I can remember saying that in the summer and fall. I'll do that over the winter months but just what was it ? I don't  know. I'm sure it will come to me, in the spring.
I know they have down a study on this and cabin fever is a real thing. As humans we do get to feeling closed in and restricted. Even with television,books and the internet we still miss the outdoors. There is speculation that it is linked to a lack of vitamin D. You get that vitamin from Sunlight you know ? They put it in milk so I guess we should drink more milk in the winter. But then a mug of warm chocolate milk doesn't leave me feeling energized,so go figure. Awareness of the problem is half the battle though isn't it ?
The days are getting longer. The sun is getting stronger. I'll have to make an effort to get outside and absorb some of those vitamins nature provides. The real deal,all natural vitamin D. The weather is supposed to be exceptionally warm the next few days. I'll have to take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment