Saturday, January 7, 2012

Truck Days

Every Tuesday and every Friday we receive our delivery of grocery items. The truck arrives at 7am and we begin to unload. The back room of the store is rather small so the majority of the pallets containing these items have to be placed on the sales floor. It does get crowded and a bit inconvenient for everyone. It can't be helped.
On these days everyone usually gets a little frustrated and annoyed. The employees as well as the customers. Several other vendors will come throughout the morning to add to the mix. The Frito Lay man, the Pepsi man, Entenmans and the Little Debbie cake salesman. As you can imagine it can also get a little hectic.
Like any another store we have our regular customers. After a short while you begin to know these people, Some are just friendly and understanding,others not so much. You can become known in either category ! Some come in almost every day and others once a week . The friendly ones I enjoy seeing and exchanging pleasantries with. You can get that " hometown " feel from this group. The others I try to avoid. Opps, going down a different aisle.  Sometimes you can"t avoid them and have to deal with the complaints about everything. The prices are too high, the store is cold, why don't we carry this item or that item, the wheel on the shopping cart squeaks, we need a bigger parking lot, we need a bigger store and it goes on and on . I have absolutely no control over any of the aforementioned things ! I just work here ! The ones I find most annoying are in one specific group. These customers do their shopping on Tuesday and Friday mornings. They are regular customers and I believe only shop on these days so they can complain about it. There are several that I have told repeatedly that we receive our deliveries on Tuesday and Friday ! I've been telling them for over a year but still they persist ! WHY ? I don't have an answer for that. These people will attempt to push a shopping cart through an area less than a foot wide. They will reach over your shoulder to get to items. Invariably they will ask if you have a certain item. Each time I explain to them we have just unloaded the truck. All the items are not on the shelf yet but I'll check. Then they complain about that. Happens every Tuesday and every Friday without fail ! These people just don't get it. But it is my job and I just have to grin and bear it. Oh boy would I like to say a few things to a few of them. I have been known to drop subtle hints. Yes maam, the truck came again this Friday same as always. Yes Sir, it is crowded on truck days ! That's every Tuesday and Friday.


2 comments:

  1. Entenmann's?!!! I've seen it here only twice, and it was such a disappointment...dry and stale. Please ship a crumb cake to me, overnight mail. I believe you have my address. Thanks! ;-)
    As for shopping at your store, I think I'll avoid Tuesdays and Fridays. Thank you for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. bedliner

    ReplyDelete