Friday, January 13, 2012

My Opinion

Watching the news has got me all worked up; again. Apparently there is a video circulating depicting some Marines urinating on dead taliban fighters. Seems like the news people can't show it often enough and advertise the fact it has gone viral. Experts are checking in and Hillary Clinton has been making the obligatory statements.
Well,let me start by saying what I'm about to write is neither politically correct or what would be considered Christian in nature. Should this disappoint or offend someone, I will not concern myself. I will not say " I'm Sorry. " This is the way I feel about that.
First let me state the obvious, War is not a humanitarian act.There is nothing civilized or fair in War. In short War is Hell ! I can not speak to the actions of these Marines other than to try to understand. The actions of these young men,and you must understand they are just young men,can be understood. If you are engaged in the act of trying to kill my friends I will have a tendency to treat you with less than what would be considered respect ! I'm not saying it is right or even acceptable but rather it is understandable. Don't be so quick to judge. Stand in their boots for awhile,watch your friends and comrades die and then speak to the honor of battle.
In the beginning of the story I felt sorrow. Sorrow for those brave young men that they have to resort to such actions in an attempt to retain their sanity. That is the only possible explanation to me. I was young once. I was filled with male pride and machismo. I joined in in less than honorable acts and situations in an attempt to fit in. Crowd mentality is not always for a good cause. Keep in mind the time and place.
Later in the story I hear from the Taliban. They are calling for the United Nations to take action against, " the barbaric and inhumane actions of the U.S. Marines ! Now I'm mad ! The unmitigated gall of these terrorists scum ! I suppose strapping bombs to little children and exploding them in crowds of innocent people is honorable ! I suppose flying aircraft into the twin towers was the act of honorable people. The taliban speaks of "human norms" Do they really believe what they are doing is a human norm ?
Let me sum up my feelings on this situation.
When you attack my country, when you kill my friends, when you choose to hide behind a mask, when you pervert your own religion in an attempt to justify your political agenda, and you use women and children as shields I have only one thing to say to you, *iss on you ! So you sow,so shall you reep !

1 comment:

  1. My husband the Marine applauds you...and your opinion."GOOD FOR HIM" he shouted."Benny, old boy, you were never more politically correct than your last sentence!" He wants to know where they come off having ANY 'righteous indignation'?
    While I am sad that dishonor has been brought to the USMC with these acts, I say they deserve whatever they get.

    ReplyDelete