Thursday, June 2, 2011

Running Behind

It's Civil war week on the history channel. I stayed up late,for me,to watch some programming. As a result I got up later than usual. I slept in to almost six o'clock. Must think I'm keeping bankers hours or something. My whole daily schedule is out of whack now. What was I thinking ? I really should get one of those DVR things I hear my son talking about. But then I would have to program it and that would stress me out. What programs to record,when to program them and when could I watch them if I did record them. I'd have to rearrange my whole schedule. No,I'd better leave well enough alone.
My wifes' sister is coming for a visit this weekend. It will be a pleasure to spend time with her. I have been blessed to have a sister in law that I actually love and get along with. Others are not so fortunate. So,her coming is no problem. There are preparations to be made however. This late start of mine is not helping. My son and his wife have concert tickets this weekend so we will also be watching the grandchildren. They are leaving Saturday morning and will not return until Sunday night. No big deal, but more logistics to work out. And I'm running late.
Logically it makes no sense that I should feel rushed. I overslept about an hour and that time will not make a difference. In the real world,at least my world, I will feel rushed the rest of the day. I'll be anxious. My mind racing ahead to all the things coming up. Joan,the sister-in-law,will be here Friday afternoon. What will we have for dinner,what is the weather going to do ? Will get the kids Saturday morning and need to entertain them. Maybe,we will all go fishing or crabbing. Where are the poles and nets. Does everyone have a license ? So much to think about ? I'll need to take the kids to church Sunday morning. I think Morgan has her final Girl Scout meeting this weekend too. The weekend is fast approaching. Need to hurry !
Oh man,I'm feeling stressed. I'll just drink another cup of coffee and relax.That should work. Hope I don't drink too much coffee,that can be bad. So many things to do and so little time to do it. Need to fix Marks' bicycle for him too. The grass needs cutting. And I think there is something I'm forgetting ?
All this because I stayed up too late and overslept. You would think I would know better. That history channel is going to be my downfall yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment