Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A few more clues

Recently I got a few more clues that I may be aging. It isn't exactly the way I see it, but the premise may have some validity. All the time keeping in mind that time is relevant. A minute isn' too long, unless you are waiting for your turn in the bathroom !
I was at work at the grocery store. The cashiers are mostly young girls still in high school. It was the week of the Prom. They were talking about their dresses and plans. One of them was looking forward to graduation. I told them I graduated high school in 1971. One of the girls just got this look of astonishment on her face.She looked at me and half spoke,half whispered, my parents weren't even born then ! Well, that was a clue to me that perhaps,just perhaps I am getting a bit on in the years. I laughed and walked to the back room.
That gave me something to think about.
Later that same day we were again chatting it up a bit. When I casually mentioned the age of my son the response was, wow,he is twice my age ! Dang,guess he is. When did that kid get that old ? Other clue falling into place. Funny how time slips away.
They are a good bunch of kids. Typical teenagers I would say. I am over forty ( maybe a little older) so they think I'm a dinosaur. Sometimes they find the old guy amusing. When they were doing their history papers at least one asked me about the Vietnam war. It is in their history book. That's another clue too.
When you start reading about events that you not only witnessed but participated in, in high school history books ( third edition,copyright 1995) you may be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment