Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gimme Room

Have you ever worked with a person that requires a lot of space? You know the type,papers spread out everywhere or their tools just everywhere. I have and it can be annoying. Yesterday,while working at the grocery the Pepsi vendor arrived to fill his stock. I hadn't seen this particular guy before. He started rolling in his products on his hand truck. Before long he had piles of Pepsi products stacked everywhere. He was busy going back and forth and generally getting underfoot at every turn. His constant,' excuse me ' was starting to grate on my nerves. He was one of those people that are so focused on their own task that they pay little or no attention to anyone around them. It is not that they are rude, but it is their nature. They just require a lot of space. They will have everything spread out in some "organized" fashion that only they understand. They can appear very busy ,while these piles of stuff actually seem to grow in size. After a while they dominate the entire area. This Pepsi representative eventually had two aisles blocked up in the store. In the back room of the store he had a pallet of product blocking things up. This person requires major space to operate. I suspect an entire warehouse would not satisfy his needs.
After about two hours he did get his product on the shelves. The aisles were cleared and the pallet in the back moved. I spoke with him briefly before he moved on to his next stop. His comment to me was, "boy,it sure is crowded in this store." I agreed that it could be a bit crowded at times. After he was gone, I couldn't help but think,bet he was one of those kids that took everything out of the toy box. He probably laid all of  his toys out and examined them, before deciding which one he wanted.
I am often amused or annoyed watching other people. It is interesting to see how others do things. It can be a learning experience. It can also be frustrating. Sometimes you just want to say." something " but know you should just keep quiet. Human behaviour can be fascinating. Sometimes, I wonder what people are thinking about me ! I'm sure there are some that are amused or annoyed by me. Each of us have our " little ways " of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment