Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Silouettes on the horizon

I have been watching the squirrels and the wooly worms. Both have been busy. Today is the first day I have noticed the leaves beginning to change. I live in Maryland on the eastern shore and we definitly have a change in the seasons. I enjoy the change and think I would miss it were I to move elsewhere.
I have read the scientific reason that this change occurs but am thinking that is not the real reason.
I think maybe God (whatever you concieve him or her to be ) just wants to give us a show of color before the white of winter. Something to remember through those long cold days when the trees look like stick figures. Siloueetes of black on the horizon.
The change seems early to me this year. We have a few more days of summer yet to go. I have noticed leaves falling already as well. They say time goes faster as we age perhaps that is the reason. I suppose I could look up the stats on this but even then it wouldn't change my perception. I think its' changing early this year. Can't be that global warming I'm always hearing about,wouldn't that make the leaves last longer ?
Is it the beginning stages of an ice age? We did have two blizzards in one week last year. I hear about green house gases warming things up but seems to me they might be blocking the sun just as easily.
The bottom line here is only one person knows what the weather is going to be and he(or she) isn't telling.
Enjoy the show of colors before the slate is wiped clean again and is white. Come sprintime it will be painted in greens and speckled with flowers of all colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment