Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hands

Hold a baby and often times they will take their little hand and hold onto your finger.
It is a basic human need,to hold hands.
We hold our Mothers hand.
We hold it for protection and love.

The manly version of holding hands is the handshake.
A form of greeting. Hello,I trust you.
If you shake hands on it, that is binding.

When we discover the opposite sex; holding hands becomes quite exciting !
I remember taking her hand in the movie theater and she didn't pull away !
Must mean she likes me. It was a step taken with a mixture of fear and bravado.

Walking down the street in broad daylight holding hands !
The message is clear,we are a couple. No doubt about it.
Don't mess with my girl,we are holding hands.

When we get married the Father gives his daughters hand in marriage.
Gives her Hand. I have held her hand this far,now you may hold her hand.
I give you permission.
I take her hand.

Though the early years most of us hold hands alot.
It gradually becomes less frequent except for special occasions.
Holding hands ,you do it now without really even noticing.
I know I can rely on you to give me love and protection.
As we age we do return to the things of our youth.
Holding hands is one of those things.
Through that touch we communicate the love we share.




.
.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Then there are the weathered old hands of our dying parents that we grasp in a desparate attempt to hold on to their lives forever. And the hands of the loved one that we grab through the bars of a hospital bed, trying to keep the connection safe and secure until then come home again. So many times we grab a hand - what a lovely human touch!

    ReplyDelete