Monday, September 6, 2010

Limitations

I've heard it said that our minds are like computers. Wonderful machines and how they really work is still a mystery despite all our great knowledge.
Now every computer has its limitations. Processor speed and the amount of available memory vary widely. Some can store vast amounts of information but have a little trouble trying to retrieve it. Others don't store so much but can instantly recall every piece.
Over time the computer usually slows down, freezes or crashes completely.
Same with our brains. I  think mine has registry errors ! That is were the information is registered but is stored in the wrong place. Like,my wife told me to get an item at the store. My brain registered that but filed it under going fishing so that is why I come back from the store missing that item. Not my fault,A registry error.
I am getting a little older so I am using a different operating system than say a teenager. I don't have as many shortcuts and more things have to be spelled out. We won't get into whether I'm an Apple or a Mac ! I am definitely a desk top though.
Some times my mind gets a virus that gets the processor kinda fouled up. A typical virus may be the Yankee game. Should be cutting the grass but the Yankee game is on. Game gets watched,grass doesn't get cut. Not my fault the processor was fouled up.
Now as far as processor speed goes mine is slowing down but I think it is only because it has so much information to sort through.
There are a lot of files in there that could use cleaning out. We all just hate to let go of some things even when we know it is a bad thing.
I have had people tell me that I forgot a certain bit of information. Not true.I always say my mind is like a computer and only has so much memory  I had to delete that to make room for more information.
I have experienced brain freeze. The usual result of that is when you open your mouth to say something and a totally different thought comes out. Like your significant other may ask,"does this dress make me look fat?'" You're thinking,then your brain freezes and out of your mouth it comes. not too much !
Yes,I would say our brains are computers. The best computers. Even when we are asleep there are programs running in the background.
We have Doctors that work on our computers too Trying  to fix all those errors that occur over time. I am not going to get into that discussion ! That is another time .

No comments:

Post a Comment