Thursday, September 23, 2010

Admit to Nothing

Read an article about Rikki Lake. You know her, the talk show person. She was renting a home and it caught fire and burned to the ground. Fortunately no one was injured. What I did find interesting was her explanation of how this fire may have started. I'm quite sure her attorney coached this response.
" I was refilling a portable heater when the couch caught on fire.This is potentially what started the fire."
Yes,Rikki I can see the potential there. Could be.
I will try to remember this if ever I have a problem with the law. I was driving 80 miles per hour and this potentially caused my speeding violation.
We have all heard it before, Admit to Nothing ! That is what the lawyers will tell you. Take no responsibility for anything." Ignorance of the law is no excuse " apparently being ignorant can be. IE: Ordered me a cup of coffee and it burned me. I didn't know it was that hot. We need to state the obvious. Don't allow your children to play with plastic bags they can suffocate. I love the label on microwaveable foods that says, caution food may be hot after cooking. I was kinda counting on that !
Just heard on the evening news that cell phone manufacturers may be required to put warning labels on them. Apparently texting while driving your car isn't a good thing ! The news report said they may even ban truck drivers from sending text messages while they are driving too. Remember they are professionals !
Heard about a study being conducted on distracted driving. They have discovered this leads to crashes. Who would have known? The study did state however they are not sure about all crashes because often the police do not list distraction as cause of accident. I'm not part of the study group but can offer an opinion. I think in most cases distraction may be a contributing factor unless of course it was in your plans to crash. I think most people if paying full attention will choose not to crash. Just my opinion.
They have some new radio song tagging device thing I hear about in commercials on tv. If you hear a song on the radio you like you can "tag" it and then download,for a fee,at a later time. They do say in the commercial not to do this while driving as it may be a distraction. The commercial does state that it will make your driving experience more relaxing and stress free. You can tag that song and that is one less worry on your mind so you won't be distracted while driving unless of course you start tagging songs and become distracted.
Gotta love the way we are all learning to communicate with each other by not committing to anything. Listen to the end of a commercial for just about any drug. The list of possible side effects is staggering and in the end most say,results are not typical ! It may or may not work. Commit to nothing,Admit to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment