Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11

Like most I remember exactly where and what I was doing when I heard about the attack ! I was at work and my wife called to tell me. I couldn't believe it and really didn't understand the magnitude of that days events untill I got home to see the news coverage.
The years have not dimmed that memory and I doubt they ever will. That was personal !
Today as I remember all that was lost on that fateful day I still feel the same emotions; Anger and Frustration !
I'm mad as hell ! Why attack hundreds of innocent people that probably had little or no knowledge of your ideology ? What could you hope to accomplish by this ? A hundred other questions race through my mind.
I'm frustrated ! Who can be held accountable for this ? Bin Laden and his cohorts? That is a shadowery bunch at best. I'm frustrated by the lack of a clear cut course of action. How can you gain vengence against a scattered group of misfits. I know, Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord, I still want my pound of flesh . I'm mad.
You can't strike out against all Muslims,the majority of the followers of that faith didn't want that, nor condone such action.
There is no one country to blame. No alliance among nations.
Now,I'm too young (feels good to say that) to remember Pearl Harbor but my Mother and Father do. Both are still mad about that !
At least there generation got the satisfaction of defeating them. We extracted our pound of flesh and justly so !
So,I suppose what I'm saying is I'm not forgiving or forgetting. I'm mad and frustrated and will most likely remain so the rest of my life.
 That is how I feel about that !   yeah,Forrest Gump said it first but it is my sentiment exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment