Saturday, May 10, 2014

Vacation day 1 2014

I have begun the first day of my vacation. I am in Sedona, Arizona ! The flight from Maryland to Chicago was a little bumpy, storms across the east the pilot said. We left O'Hare International and headed for Phoenix. That was a three and one half hour flight. It does give one an appreciation for the shear size of our country. This all took place at night. The view was of lights and spectacular. No wonder there is an energy crisis. Hard to believe that many lights on at once.
I must say spending time at the airport is an enlightening experience. I have seen videos of the customers at Walmart but let me tell you they are nothing compared to what I witnessed. There was a time in America when traveling involved a certain degree of, shall we say, dressing up. I couldn't tell if I was going on a plane ride or to a barbecue. Seemed like everyone was taking a sellfie too. I was doing the more traditional route, with a camera taking pictures of the family ( not myself ) and the airport. I just kinda figure I know what I look like, even at the airport. Well, it does speak to the way things are in the country today. All the hustle and bustle and activity around them and everyone glued to their smartphones. I even saw a bunch of people tied to a hitching post ! They had their cords from those electronic devices plugged into some kind od supply center. Looked like they were tied to a hitching post or the mother ship.
Further down the concourse I watched several people drinking wine, by themselves. Of course they were on social media. They should have been paying more attention to what they were getting, those glasses of wine were only half filled ! Had it been mine I would have said, fill'er up. I have heard people say you need room for the wine to breathe. I've seen how they make wine and believe me they stomp the life out of those grapes ! I don't think any breathing is going on.
I did run out first thing this morning to locate a grocery store. Score ! Got my Folgers coffee and some bagels, good to go. I saw just a glimpse of the countryside and must say I'm impressed already. The grandkids have already hit the swimming pool and Grandma is supervising. So far a good start to what should be a wonderful vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment