Friday, May 30, 2014

Speaking Out

Yesterday, my grandson was required to give a presentation for his language arts class. The majority of students dread this sort of thing, but he relishes it. He gets excited to have the chance to do public speaking. I think it is a wonderful thing. I can see him having an occupation that requires that skill. I have long thought he may be a politician or a preacher. I know that is a wide spectrum but I can envision it. Maybe he will be an honest politician ! Now that's a rare thing. Just kidding, just kidding, politicians can be fine people, honest,trustworthy and sincere. As to whether he gets the " calling " that remains to be seen. I see him more in a teaching role. Mark loves facts and figures and the quoting of them. He is a stickler for the truth. Those are fine qualities.
I am pleased to see that he has no fear of public speaking. We need those that are unafraid to articulate their ideas. The bonus here is that he is also very intelligent. I know that sounds like I am bragging, and I am, but it is also the truth. He is a member of the National Junior Honor Society after all. Mark pays attention to current events and is not easily swayed in his opinions. He enjoys a lively debate and exchange of ideas. He is open to discussion. The fact that he attends church on a regular basis and leads a Christian life can only be a benefit. Yeah I know ,that is a bit of a biased opinion, but in my opinion a valid one. I think we will see great things from this young man. He is not an actor and has no desire in that field. I think he will be someone who informs. In what capacity that will be remains to be seen, or should I say, heard.
What about you ? Do you like public speaking or do you shudder to think of it ? It is not for everyone.

Preparing to speak,  Listen Up Folks ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment