Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm Ready

We will be heading out for the highlight of our trip, The Grand Canyon ! I have seen this place in so many pictures and heard a lot about it. John Wayne hung out there a lot and got attacked by the Natives. I'm thinking I  need to be wary of " tourist " traps. It is that way most everywhere though so I'll be careful.
There is so much you can do and see that it would be impossible to do it all. Our plan to check it out and go with whatever strikes us. You could do some serious damage to your wallet, that much I know. They say you can't take it with you and there is truth in that statement, only problem being you have to have it in the first place. Seriously though, it doesn't really make any difference. Just being here and seeing what nature has created is enough. There are more than enough sights to take in. The amount of expendable income one has does not match the value of time spent with family. You just can't buy memories you know.
It is easy to get caught up in the tourist mode. Rush around and try to see and do it all. I'm always thinking I may never see this again. The fact of the matter is we may never see anything,anywhere again so we should just enjoy our time. You never know when that special memory will be made. There is one ,it seems, for every occasion. That memory may be a result of some special trip taken, or activity, or it may just be a smile, a photograph taken, or a private exchange of emotion. You just never know. The secret is to be receptive. You can't look for that moment, you can't anticipate the moment, all you can do is be ready.
                                                                     I'm Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment