Friday, September 9, 2011

Just Sayin'

I tried listening to the Presidents speech last evening. I'm not a big fan of him so it was rather difficult. That ,combined with the fact that all politicians say little of importance,turns me off. Nevertheless, I listened with one ear and did some work on the computer.
I noted that he received three standing ovations before he even began to speak. What a bunch of hypocrites. I'm not saying boo the man,show some respect for the office,but standing ovations ? Gimme a break. I expect that from the Democrats but the Republicans too ? I wouldn't make it far in politics I'm afraid. No standing " O " from me Mr. President.
All I really heard him say was, pass my bill,do it my way. I want to spend more money ! My first stimulus package didn't work but I'm sure this one will. The country is in debt so we will spend our way out of it. I will create more jobs ! Mostly union jobs and the rest of you can forget about it. We will reform social security and unemployment. That stuff is really only for the Union members and illegals in the country anyway. Blah,blah,blah.
Last night he was portraying the tough guy. Trying hard to look stern and speak in a convincing tone. To act like he didn't care about his poll numbers and being reelected. It was a good show as far as that goes.
I've grown cynical over the years. There was a time when I listened and believed what the President had to say. Since Nixon and those that followed, it has become much more difficult. I think I liked it better when the President only spoke occasionally. I liked it better when the press didn't expose his every flaw. What you don't know can't hurt you,sorta.
I go and cast my ballot for every presidential election. Always will. That is a privilege I enjoy as an American. I know the real power lies in the Congress and the House. Without their support the President can do little. The president is more like a coach. He can tell the players what he wants them to do but the players must execute the plan. I think we need a new coach ! Some new players wouldn't hurt either. Weed out the prima donas, oust those resting on their laurels and lets get some team players in the game.
And that is all I have to say about that.(Forrest Gump)

No comments:

Post a Comment