Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ITT

Certain television advertisements crack me up. I just can't help but laugh about them,even though they intend them to be sincere. The latest one I've noticed is ITT Tech. They say ITT Tech about a hundred times during the thirty second spots. They use the testimonial format. These are not actors but actual graduates of ITT Tech. That part may be true but the script was written by some one else. Either that or they all took English for geeks classes. The phrases used are what I find amusing. One says, meeting with that recruiter spawned everything else that happened to me. Spawned ? What are you a fish ? No one says, spawned. Another says, my quality of life has improved immeasurably. Just who talks like that ? Perhaps if I obtained my PhD in literature but a graduate from ITT Tech. It is a one year trade school.
I'm sure you can learn a valuable trade there. All education and training is important and commendable. I don't have a problem with anyone attending ITT Tech and being proud of their accomplishment. What I find amusing is the way they present it. I go in (sans education) sometimes from a minimum wage job,take a one year course of study and graduate talking like a college professor. I get a job and can now afford to go on vacations with my family,drive new cars and motorcycles, and buy a new home. I only have to work a forty hour week to accomplish all this, thanks to the education.
Must be some intense school. ITT Tech. I'm not even real sure what it is they teach. I think motorcycle repair and something to do with computers. I don't know that part isn't real clear. I just know if you go there you will be very successful and talk funny. I may or may not know a trade afterwards but I will impress you with my vocabulary.
Look, I'm just sayin'.
Guess the ad works though because it has my attention. Has it for the wrong reason though.

No comments:

Post a Comment