Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Vacation

At the eleventh hour I have decided to go on vacation with my son and his family. They had previously made reservations and with their usual forethought included my wife and I in their plans.
We are going to Virginia beach,Va. Being in the Navy I have been there in the past. It has been many years however, and I'm quite sure things have changed. I know that I have, and now have a totally different set of interests. Plus I'll be going in tourist mode. I have purchased extra batteries for the camera and extra sd cards as well. I have the requisite camera bag too. Full tourist mode,coming up !
It will be quite a sight I'm sure. And unless my daughter in law sneaks in a few snapshots when I'm not aware,one that will not be seen on facebook ! I just purchased a set of bathing trunks. Seems the only ones I could find are those made for several people. They tell me that is the style. Those stark white shanks of mine sticking out the bottom of those massive shorts should be quite the spectacle. Only thing missing will be sandals worn with white socks ! That is not happening.
I am looking forward to spending time with the grand kids. Not that I don't see them practically every day but not while on vacation. The hotel we are staying at has its' own " lazy river " and that is where you will find me. I was introduced to that pleasure a few years back and can't get enough. Just lay back and float,my kind of recreation. The kids will talk Grandpa into getting on some rides and I'm prepared for that. Have to let them think they convinced me,they get a kick out of that. We will eat out a few times and I enjoy that. I don't do that often. All things in moderation.
So,it's off to the beach. The Atlantic ocean,the sand and the crowds. It will be fun I'm sure. I might even venture into that water. We'll see. I'm not much of a swimmer but someone needs to be with the kids. I can body surf but haven't done so in quite a few years. Guess it would be like riding a bicycle,you never forget how. Well we'll see,I hope I don't make too much of a spectacle out of myself. On the other hand,who cares, I'm just a crazy tourist anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment