Friday, July 8, 2011

Vacation Day 2

Day two of vacation is in the books. We spent most of yesterday on the beach. We
went all out with the tourist thing and rented two loungers and an umbrella. Geez,wish I owned that concession ! The water temperature was pleasant enough and for most of the day the surf was manageable. Earlier in the morning Grandma and I had the kids in the lazy river here at the hotel. That water temp was just right and I could easily handle the current.
Everyone is starting to feel the effects of too much fun. A little sunburned and tired already. All things in moderation is not applying well. I'm doing well with only a little sunburn on the top of my feet. My son on the other hand,well he needed a bit more sunblock applied. The kids,being kids,are doing well. We had pizza for dinner and that was good for them.
Today we plan to rent the bicycles built for six and ride the boardwalk. The boardwalk is three miles in length for a six mile round trip excursion. I'm up for it but we'll reserve judgement on some of the others. My other big plan for today is Ice Cream ! I'm getting a Ben and Jerrys'. Love me some ice cream.
One last note on yesterday. My son and his family got caught in a tourist trap ! Not totally unexpected but they dragged me in with them. Come into the house of mirrors. Not a house of mirrors were you see yourself in different shapes and sizes but a maze. Try to find your way out ! They outfit you with a pair of disposable latex gloves and tell you to walk slowly hands out in front of you,like a zombie. Wishing you " good luck " you are off. And unless you are maybe three or four years old you will be out in two minutes,tops ! At seven dollars a pop it is a real tourist trap ! LOL that's part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment