Sunday, July 3, 2011

Overheard

I'm not being an eavesdropper, but I do overhear peoples comments while working at the store. Sometimes they are funny,sometimes not, but almost always they make me wonder.
Overheard: This 2 liter bottle of soda is 1.39, why that's almost as much as the little one ! Used to be cheaper.
Overheard: I only use Windex because that Ammonia D works better than regular ammonia.
Overheard: If chickens sit on eggs to keep them warm,why do we have to refrigerate them ?
Overheard: The best stuff is on the bottom shelf,the cheap stuff is in the middle.
Overheard: He said he wanted a case but all they got is these 12 packs. How many should I get ? (adults talking here)
Overheard: Get the chocolate milk,it lasts longer in the fridge.
Overheard: These are ten for ten. How much for one ?
Actual Question to me: What does this water taste like ? It was a bottle of plain/unflavored water.
Overheard: crack one egg,you'll get a discount (not)
Overheard: I only buy the whole milk. That 2% milk is 98% water ! Most people don't know that.
Overheard: This Capn' Crunch ain't the same as the Capn' Crunch at Food Lion. (it was an actual box of Capn' Crunch,not the store brand )
Overheard: Lemon scented bleach works best,it's the lemon in it.
Overheard: Bags cost money. Why aren't they free ? ( I work at Save-A -Lot,where you have to buy the bags)
Overheard: Mother to child, bacon comes from a pig,I'm not sure where ham comes from.
Overheard: They said they don't have a public bathroom,well, I'm not the public, I'm a customer.


These are just some of the things I hear. It is always amusing. Leaves you wondering sometimes about the educational system. Some can't see the forest for the trees I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment