Saturday, July 30, 2011

Misunderstood ?

In the writing of these blogs I have discovered it is much harder to express ones feelings in the third party. Personal interaction being absent certainly complicates it. Without the other person or persons being able to see the expression on your face or hear the tone in your voice the meaning often becomes jumbled.
A great writer can overcome those obstacles, but alas I'm not a great writer. Sometimes the message I'm trying to convey gets lost along the way. I apologize for that. It is my desire to put down my thoughts and memories for a future generation to read. It would be great if they could actually understand what it is I'm trying to say. My sense of humor is not always what you would call mainstream.
I will not let any of this deter me,however. I will keep pecking away at the keyboard. With practice comes improvement. Like any skill, writing needs to be developed. A style must be found. Maybe I should avoid the humor as it seems to get me in trouble. Just sticking with the facts may be better but seems a bit boring to me. Meat and Potatoes need a little spice. Censorship of any kind rubs me the wrong way.
I also find it sometimes takes me a long time to get to the point. On occasion I never do get there. I admit I have never read the entire manuscript of War and Peace. Did it take him that long to get to the point ? My typing skills leave a lot to be desired so I often run out of patience with that before I finish my thought.
Nevertheless, I will persevere.
I find it a difficult thing to express in words; feelings. The way one feels about things. An explanation of why you feel that way is required and there are those times when you can not explain that,even to yourself. There are those that " have a way with words " and then there are the others. I'm the others. I enjoy the writing of words though and I think that is the main thing. Isn't that true about everything you do ? I play the guitar,not well,but just enjoy doing it. Sports,games and other distractions from life. I enjoy them all.
I'll keep writing,you keep reading. Maybe one day you'll understand what it is I'm trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment