Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vacation Day Three

Day three of vacation has gone by. It was a long day but as with most days on vacation, fun filled. No worries man ! Isn't that what Bob Marley says ? W I tried everything started out on the lazy river. Ahh,how refreshing. The hotel has two. One indoors and another out. Both are medium sized. The outdoor one has a slide that takes you through a tube and splash ! Kids love that one. Following that we all went to the main swimming pool. Now we are talking ! The deepest section is five feet so that is just right for me. We played catch in the pool and generally just clowned around. The weather was great.
It got to be about dinnertime and we headed out. Went to " Georges Restaurant " an, all you can eat, seafood buffet ! I tried most everything,seafood wise,that they offered. Crab cakes,fried calamari,shrimp,mussells,fried clam strips,stuffed flounder, and talapia. That wasn't everything but you get the idea. A big glass of sweet tea washed it all down nicely. Offering sage advice I let everyone know , " don't fill up on the salad and breadsticks and pace yourself !"
It was an enjoyable little restaurant .The service was good and the prices reasonable. We all had our fill.
We were all walking just a little slower when we left there. It was time, time for our family tradition of playing mini-golf. Every time we go on vacation we play one game of mini golf. The competition is fierce ! I can't believe how much the rest of the family members will cheat ! You have to watch them like a hawk. They will even stoop so low as to accuse me of deviating from the rules. When they know I always play by the official PGA rules of mini golf. Rule number one is, Grandpa always wins !
It is always a fun filled event. This time Maria edged me out by one stroke. My wife kept score and I'm not so sure it was a completely accurate accounting. You can't trust women !
A little more shopping and some Ben and Jerrys to top off the day. Made it back to the room about 11:30 pm. Very late for me these days. It's alright though,we're on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment