Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Live and Learn

You are never too old to learn. We have all heard that expression and I,for one,have found it to be true. Every experience in life is an opportunity to learn. One need only pay attention. As any one of you that follow my blog knows, I just returned from a short vacation to Virginia Beach. It was a delightful time and a learning experience as well. I learned to not look at yourself in pictures. Especially if you are wearing bathing attire ! Doubly so if you are in the vicinity of well tanned people. The contrast is quite "stark".
Another item of knowledge learned is, " don't post anything on Facebook without permission from those in the view." If you don't understand why,refer to the first lesson !
The best pictures are either taken from the neck up or full frontal shots. Long distance shots are ok,as are silhouettes. Never do profile ! Wear a hat . Wear a shirt. Wear long pants. Best not to get your picture taken at all ! lol.
I have learned though that the picture you are seeing isn't really that bad to others. After all, it is what they see all the time and have become accustomed to it. Our own eyes lie to us ! Some time back I wrote about defective technology. Mirrors and cameras lie. Only the minds eye tells the truth. I know that I don't really look like that. It is a trick of lighting and the camera.
I have learned that the next time I go on vacation to be more prepared. At my age I can't just wing it anymore. A little pre tanning would have been useful. A little more exercise before vacation would help also. Swimming and walking long distance is something best approached with a little prep. Save a lot of sore muscles. Start eating sporadically to get the digestive system in tune to avoid any,well you know.
One more thing I learned, always pack coffee filters ! My daughter in law remembered to pack the coffee but neglected the filters. There was a coffee pot in the room.There was also that coffee in the packs. That coffee is in a filtered pack ready for use but the kind in the room was something about a Rainforrest  blend something or another. Makes me nervous, Folgers please or a brand known to me. Paper towel will substitute for a filter and that is the way I went.
Oh,I did learn one other thing. After the third day, you are old hat. Walking through the lobby the desk clerk barely gives you a glance. On the first day he/she was falling over themselves to be helpful and friendly. The second day they spoke to me as though we we old friends. The third day, forget about it.
Everything is accelerated on vacation. Time flies and so does your money ! Friends are made and soon gone. I even got older on vacation. I'm sunburned,suffering from muscle fatigue and having digestive problems. The top of my head is sunburned and beginning to peel. Now I'm scratching my head and people are thinking I've got head lice or something. And one more thing; where did all that gray hair come from ? Wasn't there prior to vacation. Must be side effects from the SPF 90 I was wearing.
That's what I'm talking about ! Good picture !
I love vacations.

1 comment:

  1. There are abdominal exercise machines of all kinds to choose from, and we’ve only been able to scratch the surface in this article. If you want to ever start working out, you probably won’t be able to study every single ab machine that’s on the market today.

    ReplyDelete