Saturday, July 2, 2011

Anxious

My day planner is empty. Checking the page for today I find nothing. Alright,I don't really keep a day planner or should it be a palm pilot ? Guess the smart phones do all of that, I don't know. At any rate, I have nothing planned for today. It is supposed to be fairly hot with rising humidity. A beautiful summer day. What to do,what to do. Could go fishing, but the truck needs some work done to it too. My corner of the room where I keep my computer and all my "IMPORTANT" papers ( note they are important papers wifey dear) could use a little tidying up. The attic is a mess as well. Nah,too hot in the attic that will have to wait.
I'm a free spirit. Spontaneous,a spur of the moment kind of guy. I think I'll just wait and see what the day brings. Something is always happening in Greensboro. (yeah,,right). I do have several small projects in mind but lack the motivation to get started on them.That could change at any time. Most of the time my activities are dictated to me. We need to do this or that. Translation, you need to do this or that,you being me ! The dreaded " honey do " list all men live with. The list is completed for now anyway. No doubt it won't remain that way for long.
Truthfully it is a rather unsettling feeling. Like the calm before a storm or when it becomes real quiet in the forest. Something ain't right here. Something is going to happen and it probably ain't good. Drink a little more coffee and take a nice shower and things will change. Motivation comes in many forms.
That feeling of foreboding being one of them. I had best get started doing something,anything. Do something,even if it is wrong,do something. Don't just sit there and allow yourself to be waylaid.
I gotta go !

No comments:

Post a Comment