Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Little Things

As I'm sure we have all heard before ,it is the little things in life that make it worth living. I've always felt this to be true. Sunday, I rediscovered this truth. You see, the wife and I were doing a little home decorating. We went to the store to buy some new mini blinds and valances for our living room. It was time to change it up just a little. As usual, one thing lead to another and we found ourselves putting up some additional shelves, dusting,rearranging pictures and knick knacks.
Somewhere along the way we decided an additional trip to the store was necessary. Just a few little carpets for the kitchen should finish up. While we were looking at those I noticed a little kitchen clock. It was shaped like an apple. My wife mentioned she would like to replace the clock in the kitchen as it was all white and we had had it for quite some time. It functioned just fine but it was time (no pun intended) for a change. The apple clock seemed perfect to me. The cost was certainly reasonable, five dollars. How could you go wrong with that?Our purchases made, we went home.
 The remaining chores were completed and we were both pleased with the results. Our little home was brightened up a bit. The small changes made a difference. The apple clock was hung in place of the drab white one. Looks good !
It has been a full day now and I smile when I see the apple clock. That is a good sign. I think I'll be enjoying that little ray of sunshine for some time to come. Little things like that can really make a difference. It's like I always tell my wife, I'm not hard to please. You just never know where lifes little pleasures may come from next.

No comments:

Post a Comment