Monday, November 1, 2010

A little push

I had it all reasoned out. I wasn't going to go trick or treating with the grandkids this year. They are getting older now and really don't care if Grandpa is there. I have gone with them every year so it was time for a break. They probably would enjoy just being with mom and dad. It is no big deal. I'll just stay at home.
Then it happened. My son calls and says," What do you mean you are not going this year ?" I gave him all my logical responses and he says," let me talk to Mom " Bottom line here is I'm going trick or treating with the kids !
The grandkids arrived at my home full of energy and excitement. My Grandaughter was disguised as a hippie chick and my Grandson a werewolf. At the stroke of six we were off. The kids running ahead just as I anticipated. For the first half hour those kids barely realized I existed. I knew it would be like this. As it grew a little darker however the kids stayed a little closer. Soon they were walking along with me and telling me about the candy they got at the last house. I was trying to get my Grandaughter,the hippie chick,to say things like; groovy man, thats' hip,cool and right on and teasing with her. With the werewolf  I just howled !
When the night came to an end and it was time to go home the kids said goodnight. I sat down,a little tired from the walk,to watch the ball game.

I can't wait until next year. Maybe I'll get a costume too ! To think I almost missed it. Thanks son for talking to Mom sometimes all we need is a little push !

No comments:

Post a Comment