Friday, November 19, 2010

Anniversary

Been married for 26 years today ! Hooray ! 2.6 decades. 9490 days. It was on a Monday.
A great way to start a week. It was an excellent decision.
I have known others that didn't last as long and was thinking about that. I know the answer.
You marry someone because you love them. You stay married because you still love them. The question is why do you still love them ?
When you first fall in love everything about that person is new. You discover new things about them every day. You love spending your time together. You talk and share your thoughts and feelings. They say positive things about you and you them. They are supportive.
Over time you can become complacent. Start taking the other person for granted. It is not a conscious thing any more than falling in love. It just happens that way sometimes.
 I'm still in love with my wife for the same reasons as I married her.
I find something new in her every day,I love spending time with her,we talk and share our experiences and she is supportive. What more could a man want ? That is all I need and I've been getting that for 26 years !
Looking forward to tomorrow and the following years.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART !

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a special day! How lucky are you to still be in love with the woman you married so long ago. I consider myself similarly blessed but from the looks of things we are in the minority! Here's to another 26 wonderful years~

    ReplyDelete