Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

Its' election day ! A day filled with excitement and anticipation. A day to exercise your right as an American citizen to voice your opinion. Voting is a privilege that many people in the world do not have. We tend to take it for granted as we have have been doing it for over 200 years. I will certainly exercise my right to vote.
On the other hand I will be glad when it is over. No more annoying phone calls and a thousand ads per day. Sure we will have to listen to the analysis and much discussion but its over. I've watched some of the debates,listened to some speeches and certainly the ads. What it got me to thinking about is,when did it go from a candidate telling you to vote for him because he /she can do a terrific job to the candidate telling you not to vote for the other person. Not only that, the candidates accuse each other of all kinds of misdeeds. Personally I don't like this negative campaigning strategy. Just tell me why I should vote for you.
Another thing came to mind as well. Where are the great speech makers ? I haven't heard any in a good while. I enjoy a good speech but now it seems all I hear are attack plans. My Mom always told me,"if you can't say anything nice about a person,don't say anything at all." If these politicians took her advice if would be a quiet campaign that is for sure.
Well,get out there and vote. It is still the best system in the world and you should feel privileged to be able to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment