Monday, June 16, 2014

A wonderful world

School is out for the summer, the dance recitals are complete, and I woke up feeling like summer is here. I had an outstanding fathers day and somehow I'm feeling reaffirmed. As Louis said, " it's a wonderful world. " My grandson Mark attended a two day course on becoming an official referee for the U. S. soccer association. He has passed the examination and is now a card carrying ref ! Now he has to wait until the fall for soccer season to begin. I'm excited for him.
There are times when you you feel like a page has turned, and that is how I feel this morning. Sitting at this keyboard putting thoughts to the screen I'm just enjoying the moment. Those are the best times for me, those times when you are not worried or particularly concerned about anything. The time, however brief, when all is right in the world. I can forget, just for a minute or two, all the bad things going on around me. I can just enjoy being me. Isn't that a wonderful thing ? That is the one thing we all want for our children and those we love. If we can give them that it is a deep satisfaction. This morning I am the recipient of that, whatever "that" is. It is an intangible and beyond my ability to explain. It just is.
Times like these are usually brief. Soon I will leave for work and the view changes. That is how it should be. Life does not remain static but moves ever forward. The reward for a life well lived comes at the end. Isn't that the truth of it ? It is always that way, a natural progression. The secret is enjoying the trip. The enjoyment comes from not what you pick up along the way, but what you leave behind as you pass through. Happiness comes from knowing others appreciate your efforts.
My feet hit the floor this morning and that is a good thing. I heard the birds singing and saw the sun rising. The smell of fresh brewed coffee is in the air. I received a new pair of sneakers for fathers day, they are not athletic shoes to me, I'll be wearing those today. The sun is rising, yellow in the morning sky, the day is full of promise. Indeed, it is a wonderful world !

No comments:

Post a Comment