Saturday, June 28, 2014

A civil tongue

I will sometimes leave a comment or two on the various postings that appear on my Facebook wall. Whatever sparks my interest at the moment. Then I receive notification that someone else has responded to my comment. I am continually amazed at some of the comments I receive in return. Unfortunately the majority seem to be vile, hate filled rants. It leaves me wondering about the sort of person that would write such things. I may disagree with your statements and a civil response will be forthcoming, but nothing on the order I have seen. The name calling is beyond comprehension. There are times I can only believe the writers intent is to raise my ire to a new level. Their statements do nothing to support there point of view, which some never even state.
These comments do not upset me on a personal level. The remarks are laughable, in an offbeat sort of way. Their credibility are seriously in question. I do become amused when self labeled Atheists claim all matter of proof for their belief, while telling me mine is fantasy. Both of us will not really know the answer until after death, so, is it not belief we are talking about ?
You would think I would learn to refrain from posting any comments. I can not. I will not be deterred by the ramblings of disgruntled persons making personal attacks against me. Well, they do not know me personally so why should I take it that way. I do enjoy reading others comments when presented in a reasonable fashion. Discussion is a good thing and provides perspective. Writing things just for the reactionary response is not contributing to the discussion. I have discovered there are few absolutes in this world.
Whereas I do not agree with the way some express themselves online, it is my hope that it is only online that they act in this way. The feelings of arrogance and hate are quite evident. It does cause concern that these individuals are out there. I'm chalking it up to immaturity. I'm betting most would not respond in the same fashion face to face. I do wonder why you would choose to portray yourself in that light however.
One phrase comes to mind, " keep a civil tongue in your head. " That is what I was told and what I have repeated. I do know speaking your opinion in a reasonable manner garners more listeners than screaming ! But then again the current trend seems to be , " throw a tantrum. "   Many act like spoiled little children today. When people don't agree or they do not get their way rage ensues. You see it all the time. That is another social issue however and one that requires some thought. Seems to work more times than it should. That is my opinion anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment